[DAO:463bf17] Should we denominate the fee to mint a NAME in USD?

How many times we need to go over this? There has already been multiple proposals on this topic. Rather than trying to lower the name minting cost why not focus on the possibilities of subdomain minting on L2? I promise to give out millions of names from my personal collection.

Imagine L2 name mints at few cents. Everyone will have a name, we will no longer see guest users. I feel like we’re going back instead of forward. Whale votes manipulating proposals screams centralisation. Ethic that don’t age well with Decentraland.

4 Likes

There was a question about L2 names in one of the foundation AMA meetings, first ENS needs to add support for L2, then also DCL can start thinking about L2 names.

3 Likes

Thank you all for your valuable input.

Based on the different opinions shared and the votation results I decided to not proceed with a DRAFT proposal, because there is no clear sense of alignment on a price point.

I suggest re-submitting another poll with a few price points (e.g 30 USD, 100 USD, 100 MANA). Any other ideas on how to proceed on this @Matimio @Fehz ?