Collection 'Suit' created by 0x8030...fd25e is ready for review!

@Sannin with some feedback I think I can answer clearly now.
It is not the purpose of the Curator Committee to verify the uniqueness of a collection but ensure it meets the guidelines given to us to meet technical requirements and platform terms/conditions. Every creator signs and agrees to a smart contract that they have the acceptable rights to IP or designs etc. Curators can acknowledge IP infringement (eg. the first avenger submission and any logos on wearables) and request the creator send confirmation to legal@decentraland.org which we then get feedback from legal for approval.

The creator must know that if Decentraland receives a claim of an IP infringement and he/she has not enough evidence of the ownership or authorization to use the trademark, logo or content, Decentraland could take down any collection infringing third parties IP rights. That creator is held accountable through the initial smart contract/agreement signed when publishing~

So if you used a free asset, not credited the creator as per the commercial free agreement, and that creator took action than that collection will be disabled till a conclusion can be met. If you were to download this free asset and publish, then claimed IP infringement you would both need to send legal sufficient proof of ownership etc.

From my personal experience in the space I haven’t seen a case like this yet but definitely a curious thought but tbh this probably isn’t the best platform for that discussion as it’s designed for a formal approval process~

Check out our discord where there are really helpful DAO members, curation committee and other members of the community that can contribute!

2 Likes

Thank you for the Feedback. I understand as I myself have read guidelines multiple times.
I believe “It is not the purpose of the Curator Committee to verify the uniqueness of a collection” should in fact be something to add into the process as metioned above not only the actual creator may be inflicted but also anyone purchasing this going forward. Its a misleading situation to have the committee approve an item then have it removed and one as the purchaser cannot claim a refund from either DCL or the Publisher.

Will continue this on Discord, which in the past was of no help when pointing out the “Akatsuki Robes” before being approved, then purchased once approved and since they had IP infringement, I got stuck with a design on a wearable i did not pay for.

1 Like

Dear Michi,
we are an Art Team, that recently focused on metaverse and NFT.

This Model was Just an free model for test, and after first time you approved our published model, we are working on our collection,

now, our collection are in Designing process,
and if you think in the future maby we have problems,
and if it is possible, I can change this model completely with a new model from our own collection.
@michi

This is a joke right? What were you testing? You paid 100 mana to submit this knowing it wasn’t yours and claimed it was. Did not credit the actual creator until asked by committee member.

If you are a legit “Art Team” you should have focused on learning wearables yourself or commissioned someone for the work instead of downloading a free assets that anyone can download and by passing them as yours. :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Dear Crypt_sannin

I will reflect your opinion to the team and we will definitely benefit from your experiences.
@Sannin

Dear Michi,
we are an Art Team, that recently focused on metaverse and NFT.

This Model was Just an free model for test, and after first time you approved our published model, we are working on our collection,

now, our collection are in Designing process,
and if you think in the future maby we have problems,
and if it is possible, I can change this model completely with a new model from our own collection.
@michi

Sorry, if there is a legal issue that will be on the publisher, as you signed that you have the rights for IP and really the only thing I can see was the crediting required for commercial use. Again, that’s not my call as a curator, but to avoid potential legal action it’s probably best to attribute the author as per your terms and conditions shared. Totally up to you~

• license type: CC-BY-4.0 ([Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0]
  • requirements: Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed.

I was just waiting for the clipping issue to be updated lol
Currently knees are clipping, once that’s fixed I can re-approve!

Dear michi,

The Model was edited, please check and approve it,

Thanks a lot

@michi

Thanks for that update, it’s all approved. Please enjoy~