[DAO:fdd4cb3] Open up discussion for a Metaverse Layer 2 that developed by DCL

Check here

And here, my friend. To summarise, layer 2 will replace the Polygon/Matics and become the transaction layer of DCL, or even further to make the entire dcl stats to be fully on chain. Plus, more projects can use this layer to deploy their version of metaverse, maybe using DCL’s code. However, we don’t need to worry about DCL’s position being challenged, as we own the chain we own the goat product on this chain, and DCL will be the leading product on this new layer2 chain. (That means we can prepare a specila token incentive allocation specifically to DCL which is a privilege over other new projects on this L2 )

Again, I want to re re emphasise why we need L2. 1/ for new story and narrative 2/ new token as rewards to attract users. 3/Product sensibility to make dcl become the infrastructure of web3 metaverse. not only for the experience layer but also for the smart contract layer.

A new team will be founded, New funds need to be raised led by foundation as they get the connection and IP resources, DAO can support with talents

It’s a lot of work to replace polygon though…
Looking back I still think my idea should of been accepted 2 years ago…
But now I think we’re late to the party…

If we’re going to focus on an infrastructure project this big then we might as well focus on our own game engine to replace unity…

The plan of my project was to do (more or less) what you’re talking about… Which is being voted against now and was even revoked…

yes, it is, thats why I mentioned it should be a 5M+ level of fundraising project.

the key difference between updating our engine to replace Unity is that it does not generate new token incentives by doing so, but a new layer 2 would. Plus, developing a layer 2 got fewer technical challenges than doing a new engine… the ROI difference is quite obvious to me

Your plan was good, you can keep fighting for it, but it does not provide any REAL incentives for players and contributors as well, which is sth DCL need now to attract people. You might argue we need a better platform before onboarding new people, but come on, HOW can we compete with Roblox in terms of experience when we have 60 ppl in the foundation while they have 2000 ppl in their team, not to mention their product has existed long before DCL.

So i think the solution must still be in Web3, smart contract, Tokenomics, and incentives stuff, which is our forgotten advantages. And layer 2 is a good option to put all of them together and re-activate the DCL eco system

How do you know my plan does not provide REAL incentives?

Voting no the description can’t be translated into software or blockchain components because is way to vague. All I see is people giving up on Mana, wanting to trading it for Eth without producing any projects that boost the value of Mana. Any legislators who think like this and want to throw in the towel should resign ASAP. There is plenty of Mana to beat youtube, spotify and virtually any monetization systems out there for artists, coders etc but the DAO is embezzling it. Any new coins that would be under the control of this voting system with high VP delegates etc would be invalid and just get stolen too.

I want to clarify that I like your proposal and think you should keep fighting for it. But the real incentives I mean is either economic incentives, Or experience related (a user-friendly and engaging platform) . And i don’t think we can have any advantage for the latter one compared with other platforms in forsee future. So basically i mean the former one, which is economic incentives. For more discussion,l i think we can keep chatting in the future discord channel, again this is just a proposal to open up discussion, not a decision-making one.

thanks for your view, but the aim is to save Mana, not give up. Please check the relationships between the Ronin Chain and Axie Infinity, they help to boost each other not to devalue each other. So they either move forward together or move back together, on the same boat

It sounds like a bold plan, but we are in extreme situation. Yes, we can easily say “hey lets keep developing the product until its perfect” , but we know (at least IMO) its not gonna happen with a 60 ppl team of foundation. (Roblox got 2000 ppl) Thats the reason we might need some new method, new web3 native story, and organically integrate the original DCL system into it

As for Youtube, their ads revenue is huge, while DCL’s revenue is too tiny… how do we have more monetization backup than them?

And the reason why its vague, is because the Call to Action is to create a channel for discussion, and co work on it together to make it more clear

Ok Ronin that’s a full blockchain not a token that’s part of what I meant. Oh on beating youtube - because there’s only 100-200 active creators in DCL and there’s $400,000 to split for in-world content can easily beat the monetization of youtube in dcl. It’s all being stolen by individuals in dcl, many who generate no traffic rather than split to all top performers. The average youtubers make zero, that’s an easy number to beat. Only those children of central bankers who don’t even need money and can smash a truck just for fun on youtube video can earn on youtube. Everything is communist that comes from USA like that. It’s easy to beat with freedom and equity. Many users I’ve talked to come to DCL they don’t like the US Commie spyware of facebook and propaganda social media. Monetization also fits the user base.

1 Like

Open up discussion for a Metaverse Layer 2 that developed by DCL

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Ye, create a dedicted channle in dao discord for this topic 41% 1,374,427 VP (46 votes)
  • No, it’s not a priority now 1% 21,549 VP (9 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 58% 1,897,444 VP (11 votes)