[DAO:afda06b] Should we stop burning MANA when a NAME is minted?

we been seeing that for while now in out other venture huh @Sannin. Id be down with it only if it was broken further. I want see the name mana distributed in a few ways. Some to the dao some to a delegation wallet to empower smaller holders as delegates. 3 A onboarding fund where new artists can publish wearables for free to the community or to pay streamers. I firmly believe DCL needs people putting content out if we want to grow. Just cause we got a game category put on twitch is not the same as us having constant streamers who can educate and onboard. @JTV and @SinfulMeatStick and @KevinOnEarth are probably the only 3 on partner level least that i know of.

2 Likes

I love this; you’re awesome for bringing this up @ile, @mattimus

@yemel thanks for pushing this. I feel this could really be a strong source of VP for a perpetual public delegate programme for the DAO. Excited on this.

Good read; really been thinking of this as of late.

Been brainstorming lately about how we can upgrade the delegate’s programme to be more fair and easy to delegate to. Pooling MANA into a potential DAO-owned pool, that can be distributed to a delegate programme is something we totally should consider.

I think both proposals could be separate however, ie; the draft of this poll would focus on how exactly this shift would happen, and could open more doors for us to debate about publicly delegated VP

2 Likes

keep burning mana. EASY NO.

I’m torn… you all make good points. How much impact will it really make if we don’t burn all this MANA from names? How much impact it will make if we reinvest it in platform development and content creation thru the DAO? Are we burning MANA in other healthy ways that we can take this piece of the pie without it making a negative impact on the token?

1 Like

Hey builders! Anyone wants to add a quote to the article? PM me if so

Should we stop burning MANA when a NAME is minted?

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Stop burning and send the fee to the dao 82% 10,272,148 VP (37 votes)
  • Keep burning mana 18% 2,352,446 VP (36 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)

Pretty close votes huh :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

ah in end im alright with it goin to dao. Instead of it burned now the mofos who get paid can swap it to pay there bills and stack other assets. Loss either way.

1 Like

Should we stop burning MANA when a NAME is minted?

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

NAMEs is the only MANA still being burned, may we know why you think it is beneficial to Decentraland to keep burning this MANA?

it doesn’t matter what i think is beneficial to Decentraland, the DCLFoundation will continue to direct this platform however they’d like. This was passed before the proposal was made :clinking_glasses:

What a great argument, thank you for your input.

1 Like

I wasn’t here to argue Kyllian, simply shared an opinion.

This is only the pre-proposal, there are still a lot of talk about on this proposal.
You have an opinion different from the majority of the community on that question and I think it would be interesting to know why you think burning MANA is a good thing.
It’s not because this proposal is finished that that conversation around it should stop.

Thank you all for your contributions! It was great to see the community engaging on this matter and sharing their perspectives.

I promoted the poll into a DRAFT and included some of your comments and data. Let’s follow up on this conversation here:

1 Like