[DAO:a824ee8] Temporarily Pausing the uptake of new Decentraland Grants

Voting YES.

• Clear timeline for the pause (main concern raised in previous proposal)
  • Allows for grants/platform requirements to be submitted before this comes to action
  • Great timing as the grants structure is being restructured

With regards to “what to do during that time” (@Eibriel): I think a good answer is “nothing”. The lack of “goals” of this proposal is a feature, not a bug. The work to improve the grants program is already ongoing – like the excellent DRAFT - Restructuring the Grant's Program. While all of that gets voted on, implemented, communicated, and iterated, this pause will reduce the noise and decision fatigue.

For example: one of the proposed changes on the structure of grants calls for a budget limit per quarter per category of grants. What if I have a proposal that is being voted on in the middle of that getting passed? Will it get in the budget or not? Should it? Should the people proposing the budget account for these edge cases? I’m not saying these are hard problem or that they doesn’t have a solution, I’m just pointing out that it’s gonna be easier/cleaner/leaner to get that done while grants are paused.

3 Likes