[DAO:5e07f17] Add a search bar tool to find places

by 0x0dd51fb6bcda54203056e9666299ab9cd453ef82 (Lyzbeth666)

It’s my first proposal so sorry if i make some mistakes explaining myself.

I already talked about it with some Decentraland citizens and i think it could be a really useful feature to add a search tool, that allow users to search places by writing keywords or coords in the search bar.

Also, in my opinion, this feature allow some parcels to be easily available without being added in spotlights. So in a way it could slow down Spotlights requests.

Another possible feature should be the possibilty to add Tags to parcels (like for wearables). That could make the search engine even better because you will be able to search a place by : Names, Coords and Tags.
Exemple : If i want to see places involved into MVFW, by tapping the MVFW tag the tool, it will show only places with this tag.

Let me know if i need to add details to this proposal because i hope to see this feature since like 2021.

• Yes
  • No
  • Invalid question/options

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thank you for that demo picture ! I missed to add one to my proposal.

Here is a quick made of what i was thinking about :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Also, a way to add places as FAVORITES could be cool. Then u will get a 4th button near “highlights/places/events” where all your favorites places will be shown. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great idea @Lyzbeth666, glad you suggested in. Along the same lines I would love a search bar for personal wearables in the backpack.

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback DedHeadj :smiley: ! I’m glad you voted YES !
In my opinion this feature could be useful for both newcommer and veterans. Because DCL is evolving each day i think that upgrading our searching tools could be a + even if it’s not a priority :slight_smile:

And i totally agree that something same for wearables is a good idea ! I already talked about a “show only NFT” button that will remove stocks items from categories (i’m a bit sad that if u want to see only nft’s, u need to have them in one category where all is there). But a searching tool is definitely more precise so, GOOD IDEA!

2 Likes

This is a very good idea, I had asked myself the same thing a long time ago.
It would be a simpler way to find sites, places and even events more easily, also add filters by categories as applicable. this makes it a lot easier for new people

2 Likes

Oh yes, it’s a good idea Lucascol ! I didn’t think about a filter engine :slight_smile:
+1 To also add this feature to the search engine.

Btw thank you for feedback Lucascol ! And thanks for voting yes :heartbeat:

1 Like

Absolutely. I’ve expressed my disappointment in how some of the events show up or don’t or where they are listed. This would greatly help finding ones you know about at least.

1 Like

I’m hoping with the new conversations around implementation paths and how we can get feature requests will open up proposals like this more. I am all for this and the search in backpack!

3 Likes

Add a search bar tool to find places.

This proposal is now in status: FINISHED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 100% 3,752,202 VP (109 votes)
  • No 0% 0 VP (3 votes)
  • Invalid question/options 0% 0 VP (0 votes)
2 Likes

Add a search bar tool to find places.

This proposal has been PASSED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

2 Likes

I wonder how long it is going to take :face_with_peeking_eye: