[DAO:1b36f5f] Build a new DAO Squad to work on Decentraland's Protocol

I actually really like this point, as it can allow us to open doors for more bids/opportunities to expand the protocol. However, I do like the idea of an ‘elite’ squad, managed personally by two of Decentraland’s most important figures.

@esteban @yemel what do you think about @dax’s point? The biding and tendering system might allow us to conduct this work in a cheaper and more decentralized fashion. The more centralized protocol squad however is the best method on the table which can ensure we get this done.

3 Likes

I’m of two minds about this.

• On the one hand, I am eager to start working on this asap
  • On the other, the tender & bidding system could give us more value per dollar, and it is indeed more decentralized…

In the spirit of advancing fast, I’d continue with this line of work, unless the community votes otherwise…

1 Like

f*ing yes! fully aligned with the 5-year vision I shared and this team is fantastic to do this. Thanks for taking this up guys :slight_smile:

btw, I agree with Eibriel in that I wouldn’t call this a “DAO Squad”. I think the name is a little confusing to newcomers, and sounds too “official”. Consider “Protocol Working Group”, “Protocol team”, or even just “Protocol Squad” if you really like “squad” :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Makes total sense, especially if many of us want Decentraland not dependent on the foundation. CC @frantufro (this may be interesting to you).

Build a new DAO Squad to work on Decentraland’s Protocol

This proposal is now in status: PASSED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 97% 11,535,619 VP (70 votes)
  • No 3% 377,319 VP (8 votes)

I’m really happy that this proposal has passed, thank you all for your support. We’ll be starting to work on this with more focus now. For the time being, check out the amazing work that has already been happening in this github PR to clarify and improve Decentraland’s documentation by Santiago, our technical writer!

3 Likes

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Vesting Contract Address: 0x9072952e0101a7618762cBf94c90F0E7Da1E7B73

Dear community,

The Grant Support Squad was created to support grantees in achieving their goals and to take care of the DAO Treasury, with the main goal of guaranteeing the effectiveness of the Grants Program.

Based on the blocker highlighted by the grantee in the proper section of #update5, to freeze efforts on the Unity front and instead redirect the budget to an implementation using the Godot engine and reusing part of the Rust code built by the Bevy implementation, we held a meeting with the team (@yemel), and reached to an agreement that the vesting contract should follow a newly proposed timeline.

Therefore, we recommend that the DAO Committee (@Tobik @HPrivakos) create a new vesting contract that aligns with the presented schedule. The suggested start date for the new vesting contract, allocating the rest of the available funds, is May 29, 2023, with a duration of 4 months. We also suggest following the linear version of the vesting contract, preferably without a cliff, in line with the vesting contract version applicable at the time of the grant submission.

Best regards,

The Grant Support Squad.

1 Like

Please don’t forget to release the funds from Decentraland's Vesting Dashboard

New vesting: Decentraland's Vesting Dashboard

This proposal has been ENACTED by a DAO Committee Member (0xbef99f5f55cf7cdb3a70998c57061b7e1386a9b0)

Vesting Contract Address: 0x0c7cedBE107243c0B5a5f03C19F7e3cbb7eBD2DE