Collection 'Traveler's Gear' created by TheFlyingVyse#cf17 is ready for review!

Traveler’s Gear

View entire collection

Wearables

Aether Traveler’s Hood & Gear

3 Likes

Will take a look now!

1 Like

Couple of changes required before I can approve. Everything circled in blue should get a bit lower and everything circled in red has either flipped normals or single sided faces. let me know when youve fixed it by tagging me here!

Good evening everyone,

I hope you enjoy the new wearable.
Here is some w.i.p. in case some might be interested :slight_smile:

This colour sheet saved me a lot of time before jumping right ahead into texturing.

1 Like

Hello @Yannakis , sorry I should have reloaded this tab, I haven’t seen your fast reply. Thank your therefore already :slight_smile:

Weird, in the builder it is shown correctly with doublesided faces. I will look into it.

1 Like

Yeah you can’t see flipped normals on builder for some reason… If youre using blender you can turn on face orientation to make it easier.

1 Like

The front side of the cat is correct, if I flip the backside, it will not be seen from the back. It should be seen from both side. Backface culling is not enabled on these objects so it should be visible. Hmm weird. Checking more on it.
About the blue part, why does it not to get lower? Just so I know for next time.
(Screenshot marked in red right bottom corner)

2 Likes

Because of the height limit. Just a bit lower.
Everything has to be blue if you check the face orientation for the item to be approved.
Waiting for the update!

1 Like

This looks spectacular! Such a cool wearable!

2 Likes

Will take care of the height limit :pray:

Face orientation makes sense, but if I change them for the hood then the outside will be invisible. It should be without backface culling, so both sides of the plane are shown with texture. In my case they are shown in the builder with two sides when I have backface culling not enabled (as in the thumbnail). Now I am confused why it is shown this way for you especially ingame. Sorry for the confusion and all the questions.

From morning:
I have to correct myself sorry. After some sleep I read in the comments that backfaces in-game are disabled…my fault. I will fix this as fast as possible. It could happen that the tri-count goes a bit above the limit to fix it, would that cause big issue? I modeled it especially onto the limits, sadly not in mind the disabled backfaces.

Latest message, afternoon:
Hello @Yannakis :slight_smile:
So finally I have uploaded a new version. Creating backfaces and re-weightpainting took me a bit. I saved it but somehow I can not submit it for another review.
Do I have to do anything else so you can check the latest version?

For all the objects that had to be fixed regarding their singlesided face it needed 484tris but I reduced it as far as possible to 219triangles. In total it is now 1719triangles…I hope this fits to be okay for this wearable?

Also I moved the pipe/cat/smoke part down as far as possible. Does this fit into the height limit?
Thank you already for your time reading this Yannakis.

1 Like

Looks good!. I think some of the new faces aren’t weighted tho like the cat legs, the bug etc. Once thats fixed ill approve asap! Thank you for making all the changes necessary!

1 Like

Cool, new version is uploaded!
I went over all the new objects and noticed that the feet of the cat had a slight difference in its painting by 5%.
All objects are weighted by 1 to the Spine2 and the hood by 1 to the head bone.
Additionaly I added on top of them, in this case the cats feet, another 10%->0,1 onto the right/left leg so that when the character is running, their feet jiggle slightly along it. I have tested them with all default animations. Mostly I like the bug/fairys movement with the female character.

If those additional weightpaintings are not allowed I will remove them.
Thank you for your time @Yannakis Yannakis.

1 Like

Love the wearable. Distortion is too much tho so if you could rig it i’d appreciate it. Also just a few more single sided faces

1 Like

Really glad that you like it @Yannakis :slight_smile: When it is online let me know your adresse for minting.

Newest version is uploaded. Holes in the image are fixed.
The extra weightpaint is now removed from the cat and pan. Everything is weighted with 1 to its mainbone (spine2 & head).
Can the healthbar of the cat stay like this so it is only readable from the front? It would fit well as digital effect if that is okay.
Big thank you for your help and feedback.

1 Like

Collection approved!

2 Likes

Good morning! Omg Thank you so much @Yannakis !:slight_smile:
Had to lay down yesterday when a migraine attack hit me, sooo this is a nice way to start the day.
Going to finish a preview image for publish start. Have a nice day Yannakis<3

1 Like

Hope you’re feeling better! Hope you’re having a good day too!

1 Like

Doing much better. Always sucks with migraine but got so many lovely comments on twitter, you are the best fam!! <3

1 Like