Collection 'Star Wars Mandalorian MANA' created by ARMANNFT#bba7 is ready for review!

Hallo, @Yannakis @collections @dao
Of course, the name of my collection is registered on the blockchain with the approval of the decentraland system. And now you stop it, is not this a duality in system performance?
There is a problem with the name of the collection, ok, I’m not interested in using it anymore, I will choose any name of my collection that you approve.
Can’t it be changed? Ok I do not think replacing a triple collection with a new triple collection is too complicated for a decentraland system. Delete it and give me a new one with whatever name you confirm. I give it to you so that everything is done right. Just let me use 3 LEGENDARY items.

Hello Mr. @Yannakis @dao team ,

can you please pay attention? I have been waiting for your answer for many days and no one pays attention to it.please Burn this collection and give me a new collection instead. I need to use three legendary items. I paid 300 mana for about $ 700. Why no one answers, does an artist in this market have to lose money just because the name of the collection can not be changed. This behavior is not right in the art community.
Giving a new collection or refunding my 300 mana will be very easy for the decentraland system, you have high mana and collectible values. But 300 mana is too much for me in this market and it means half of my capital. I paid for it with difficulty ‌ and now everything has stopped.

Please, please pay attention to this problem
:pray: :pray: :pray:

With best regards
Arman

I am not part of committee… I have searched all past posts in this forum and unfortunately no refunds have been issued for name conflicts. There was a DOA vote in the past to see if at least partial refund could be done but it did not pass.

300 Mana is an expensive loss do to ignorance. You had two opportunities to not continue with the publishing within the two popup confirmations.

In the artworld it is the same “You may not sell, publicize, or publish a copy of a copyrighted work unless the owner has given you the permission”

3 Likes

@Matsumoto , We all know the Content you have submitted and it does not help to solve this problem even if you fill in the bottom with a red line. I have no problem with the name I have chosen for my collection because it is registered on the blockchain by the decentraland system without any problems. The items have also been changed quickly and re-uploaded to avoid their resemblance to Disney designs, which I think you are not interested in talking about. Copyright occurs when the community confuses the design with the original designer, but would it mislead you if a collection called Star Wars Mandalorian MANA and different designs to it?In art societies, artists help each other with problems and offer each other solutions to the problem, not first with red lines that everyone knows and does not help solve the problem to block the progress of others’s goals.

Some attributes are editable even after publishing such as the glb file, description, and even item name ( example atsuki cloke item name and description was renamed to dcl cloke after publishing and approval ). A dive into the contract that executes when one first submits would be needed to understand how the collection name is handled… My guess is that the collection name is baked into the collection token when minted in Exchange for the 100 mana. So the would be why the collection name is not editable.

I did try to find solutions that would be in favour of a refund but there is non at this time. Any new solution would likely need to go thru doa approval, implementation, and would only be applicable to future contract not past contracts…

As to why you cant just use the title Star Wars Mandalorian Mana even if you change the wearable look lies in just the use of the name Star Wars… Lucasfilm has a trade mark registered for use in games and more. STAR WARS Trademark of LUCASFILM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LTD. - Registration Number 2487816 - Serial Number 75306902 :: Justia Trademarks
There is 700+ more registered… So is it protected and Disney owns Lucasfilm and they are ruthless in enforcing their ip rights. Imagine your collection was approved and sold out… Then there is a dmca takedown. There would be a bigger combined loss for those who purchased the wearable…

One way to accept this outcome would be like this… This is how I see it. You hired a lawyer to do a trademark search because you like the name star wars… You paid the lawyer their 700usd fee to perform a trademark search… They come back to you a week later and say sorry it’s already taken. The fee was just to search not to actually register… Here the fee is just to review not to guarantee that it will be approve.

2 Likes

@Matsumoto
Thanks for checking out this issue. I am no longer interested in using this name, which has ip rights. I repeatedly asked Disney to allow me to use it, but they refused. I just thought that there would be no problem just because I was able to register this name in the previous step. Given that you have a lot of information on how this system works, please find a solution so that I can have a new collection instead and use 3 legendary items. Please note that I barely paid for it in the hope that I could make money on this platform, and now that it has stopped, I have lost half my capital. This is very upsetting to me. If the names of the collections are checked before registration, there will be no such problems in the future.

@Matsumoto According to you, the fee for registering a collection is 100 mana, but I paid 300 mana for 3 items. Can you deduct the collection registration fee and repay only 200 mana to somehow reduce my financial loss due to the rejection of the collection?

Right… In your case the collection was 300 mana. Again I am not part of doa committee, i am just a player who likes to read up the forum and try to learn… I still think onus is on the user to be sure they have acquired rights for ip names/content. It’s a business function that belongs external to the submission. I can only see that the reviewer is only taking due diligence in asking for ip licence information when they recognise a well know brand but i cannot see them being expected to know every protected brand or copyrighted work the exist…

1 Like

@Matsumoto , Yes, of course it is, and we leave the decision on how it will be managed to the @dao team and Mr. @Yannakis , and we respect that. I just used what you knew to maybe find a way to compensate me for the financial loss caused by the rejection or cessation of the publication of my collection.

Hello Mr. @Yannakis and @dao committee ,
Losing 300 mana because of the rejection of my 3-item collection is a huge expense for me.

In fact, it is equal to half the capital that I had provided with great difficulty to start my activity in this platform.

The cost of registering a collection on the blockchain is equal to 100 mana. But I paid 300 mana for these3 items.

Please note first of all that I provided 300 mana with great difficulty and it is of great value to me, although it is a small number compared to the available mana volume on this platform.

If possible, please deduct the cost of 100 mana to register the name of the collection on the blockchain and refund me 200 mana or replace it with a new collection containing 2 items.

To somehow reduce my financial loss and of course spend 100 mana for the mistake I made in choosing the name of the collection so that everything is right.

Hi, Is any one able to explain where the collection title is stored? Is it stored on a Json files along with other item details? I have a crud understanding on how things are stored on the block chain, isn’t just a link reference to a json file with the collection, and item details. Also Is the collection even minted to the blockchain when you pay the submission fee or is it only upon committee approval. I too am interested why 1) We are not able to change a collection name in the review stage. If details can be changed after approval then it tells me that information can still be changed since it is not actually stored in the blockchain only the reference is.

For @Armannft_Punks transaction I can’t see that the collection name is somehow minted to the chain at this point.

The contract.

If the collection name is not minted and stored to the chain before approval, then is it possible to have a DOA vote to allow collection name changes if the name text is stored on CDL servers?

1 Like

Thank you @Matsumoto for your attention to this problem and for proposing this solution to solve the problem of collection name. It seems that your proposed solution can help in this issue. Mr. @Yannakis and @dao Committee Please Please review this solution as soon as possible. :pray:

Please note that I have been waiting for a long time to publish this collection and use 3 items.

There’s currently no refund option and there were 2 warning before publishing. Ill keep an eye on it and let you know if anything changes.

2 Likes