Collection 'Midnight Maiden Dress' created by Refraction#bec1 is ready for review!

Midnight Maiden Dress

View entire collection

Wearables

Midnight Maiden Dress

2 Likes

Hey, nice dress!

One issue though, double sided faces are disabled ingame, so from the inside the dress appears transparent, this is only visible from underneath, but you should add some geometry there to cover it up

Thank you for the feedback. I’m on it :slight_smile:

Update completed, to keep the triangle count under 1.5k, I’ve merged the bottom row vertices and rechecked the backface culling.

I’ve also updated the skin weights while reviewing poses with newer dresses I’ve been working on for better fitment.

I also noticed what I thought was plum purple on the palette looks more like midnight blue on the test server. I’m wondering if it would make sense to update the tag from purple to dark blue (or midnight blue). Another opinion would help. I used to play with lasers for work, so even if I think it could be a difference in color space tolerance between blender and DCL, I still have to question my own perspective on color space.

Great, approved it now :+1:

Awesome, my first wearable is now one sale! Thanks :raised_hands:

Back in Feb, I updated the text and tag from saying “purple” to “blue”
There are no changes to the model, text only.
Can we get this update approved?
I would like to advertise this wearable after the update has been approved.
Currently, the price is also stuck.
Thank you

hi @theankou

I’ve not heard back from Chestnutbruze back when I tried to update the text last year.

I’d like to update the midnight maiden dress.

I’ve tuned up the mesh performance on the midnight maiden dress to reduce clipping with the updated standard emotes. With this update, the mesh performance should be more stable overall based on what I’ve learned over the past year.

I’ve also updated the texture.

Mesh Tune Up:
Hammer:
Before

After

Tektonik:
Before

After

Disco:
Before

After

Texture updates:
The main difference in the texture is that it’s was a flat texture using the basic color palette and is now a custom texture. I’ve also removed the straps to make it a strapless dress, added a lace pattern to the back, and added a choker.

Hi @Refraction, sorry for delay, i will check collection now

1 Like

Hey @Refraction, collection is re-approved! make sure to keep original version, because there might be some people that will complain about change (from my side dress improvements is OK), but if there will be complaints you will need to revert back model

1 Like

thanks @theankou .

Both the blender file and gltf are saved as separate revisions in event the design is required to be rolled back. While I would hope people would enjoy the update, I can understand how sometimes people might not like change.