Collection 'Daddy Chang's Unique Gear 0' created by DaddyChang is ready for review!

Daddy Chang’s Unique Gear 0

View entire collection

Wearables

Light Bringer Body Armour

2 Likes

Hey Daddy Chang! Thanks for your submission.

Please try to simplify your mesh and keep triangle and texture amount near the limits.
tris

1500 tris per wearable

500 tris per accessory

2 square textures of 512x512px (or lower) per wearable

Also there’s some issues with the skinning and texturing.

Let us know when you are ready!

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi vrglitch, thank you for the feed back & reply, just fixed up the triangles amount issue and made it simpler without my logo, should be ready to go now! Sorry took a while was trying to figure stuff out, still very new to blender! Anyways, should be ready on this one I think, very excited :slight_smile:

Cheers

Actually sorry one sec, let me fix a tiny spot first, almost ready!

Yeah I got it to 1.4k triangles, shows in editor, but when clicked link to editor still showing 2.6k, if it’s 1.4k for u guys too I’m ready

Nice! the skinning its much better now.
The model is still having too many triangles, please try to simplify it. Note that triangle count is not the same as poly count, maybe you are having 1.4 k quads. Also check if you are not having duplicated faces or unwelded vertex.

Please also check your wearable in world so you can see it in action.You may want to adjust the emissive map.

1 Like

Hi vrglitch, regarding the triangle part:

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 11.31.16 AM

I see both 1416 in blender and in preview

For the emissive part I spent all morning trying to figure it out but when load it in world, it’s always showing glowing like crazy :frowning: in blender I even turned off bloom completely and when i see in world its still like dat have no idea why… I’ll keep trying to figure it out, what’s the deadline on the approval or rejection date anyways? Am I able to get my 500 polygon mana back if item is not approved by deadline btw? No worries if not, just wanted to know to decide better if I’m gonna keep making more wearables or not!

For your glow, choose a darker color. I’m willing to bet you’ve got it set to full white and thats why its so bright. Try a midtone gray instead.
Check out the DCL FAQ.

1 Like

Hi vrglitch, I figured out the emissive part, I’ll fix that in a bit, I’m not sure if the triangle part is a problem, but I’ll let you know when the emissive part is done!

Hi vrglitch, @vrglitch I fixed the emissive part, let me know if it’s still too bright, i’ll turn it down more
@arnj_joe thx for da tip arnj_joe

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 1.58.13 PM

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 1.57.28 PM

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 1.58.43 PM

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 1.57.46 PM

Looks different in collections preview when I put it on though for some reason

And yeah for triangles it shows the same, 1.4k, as I showed both in blender and collection preview, I don’t know why whenever I click link to editor on the forum it changes back to original triangles! Doesn’t do that when I don’t click dat tho!

1 Like

Sure thing dude. glad you got it covered, that mf was bright!! :smiley:

1 Like

yea tripped myself out too wen i scoped it in world fo da first time :joy:

Hi! We will figure it out. Can you send me your glb via discord DM? JP :black_medium_small_square: vrglit.ch#3124

1 Like