Collection 'Cloudy City #1' created by MichiTodd#859e is ready for review!

Cloudy City #1

View entire collection

Wearables

Cloudy City Happi Top #1

3 Likes

Super, nice work! The thumbnail needs to have a transparent background in order to work correctly in world - the rarity background is added automatically. There’s some clipping between the arms and sleeve during some emotes, you might want to adjust the sleeve’s weight painting or mesh.

1 Like

Thank you @Kat for the amazing feedback! I think I’ve been a bit ambitious with the sleeve length so I’ve shortened and adjusted the weight. (also slightly pulled in the Happi base) Another key update is the UV with a slight artwork tweak on the back. Png preview reflects the most current version.
Look forward to hearing back, hopefully it works well in world!

Kind regards,
Mitch

Looking sweet! It’s not showing up in test-net, could you check whether the tx is still pending? If it isn’t, please go to the collections menu in the builder, click on the three dots and then press ‘retry’ to reupload the items, thanks!

1 Like

Hey @Kat,
I can’t seem to see the retry button. (sorry!!!)
I also have a random question, not sure if I can just make a forum thread for this. In the wearable document it says a maximum of 1000 triangles, has this rule changed? (will make my future clothes so much easier haha)

Let me know what you think,
talk soon! - Mitch

https://play.decentraland.zone/?WITH_COLLECTIONS=urn:decentraland:matic:collections-v2:0x01b35f5ed8a2d01d5746ec691165eceb64517202

When I was looking for the ‘retry’ button I saw I can add female version (I thought female had to be a seperate item if it couldn’t fit both…) so I’ve also just added the female representation. Reading through the forum I’ve tried to match the feedback that seems common and focused on weighting the hips & ensuring nothing pokes through the clothes for all emotions. Sorry to make approval a bit longer! The more I look the more I find areas of improvement!!!

Let me know what you think!
-Mitch

1 Like

Hey! The maximum recommended amount of tris per wearable has been updated to 1.5k, though accessories have a smaller limit of 500. Great to see you going through the forum and finding ways to improve :muscle: :sparkles:

The female representation has the hip vertices in the right place but the weight painting doesn’t fully line up with the avatar system. Make sure the ring of vertices around the hips is influenced 100% by the hip bone and 0% by all other bones.

hips

The male representation has some elbow clipping you may want to review.

1 Like

Hey @Kat,
Thank you so much for your patience and positivity! It’s so much appreciated. With the knowledge I can have more triangles, I’ve updated the arms on male representation to be higher quality. With quite a lot of tweaking and adjustments I feel like I couldn’t see anything standing out on the builder.

Let me know what you think, fingers crossed.
Talk soon,
Mitch

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 12.13.25 am
Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 12.23.18 am

Thank you :slight_smile: these are working much better now, congrats!!
There are some differences betweeen the two representations around the glove area, please confirm whether you’d like to publish Cloud City as it is or take a look at the fingers first.
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 13.58.27
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 13.58.19
Screenshot 2021-07-15 at 13.57.42

1 Like

Amazing, thank you @Kat!
I’ve just updated the hands on both representations and good for publish now. Next time I’m definitely going to simplify my concept a little bit more before submitting.

Your help has been so beneficial to my learning and I’m super grateful for your keen eye and feedback!

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 10.32.42 pm

1 Like

Looks amazing! This collection has been approved.
Thanks for your kind words and congrats again on the wearables!

1 Like

Hey DCL committee! Can I please get this rejected so I can update? :cloud::cloud::cloud::cloud:
@vrglitch @HirotoKai

bump to update please lol

Hey @michi . You should be able to update now. Let me know when you are ready

1 Like

Thanks @vrglitch !
This is updated, normals are fixed and I’ve just added some seasoning. :pray: :cloud:

IMG_2752

1 Like

Awesome! Approved. Thanks

1 Like