Collection 'Beytm Michael Skin' created by Miri is ready for review!

Beytm Michael Skin

View entire collection

Wearables

Michael skin

I will check collection now!

Hi! Since this is 3D scan of real? person, you will need to provide IP rights, send IP rights for “Beytm Michael” to legal@decentraland.org

Also, you will need to reduce triangle count to 5000 triangles or less

Hello,

Thank you for your review !

Regarding IP rights, is there any template you can send me so I could give my permission for Decentraland to use my image ?

The skin polycount will be reviewed to be 5000 tris or less.

Kind regards,
LĂ©a

1 Like

Hi @Guerbix!
I dont have any templates for IP rights, if you will write to legal@decentraland.org, they will guideline you through the process :slight_smile:

Will do,

Thanks a lot !!

1 Like

The collection has been assigned to theankou

Hello @theankou, would you have any updates on this collection ?

Thanks a lot !

Hi @Guerbix
I will check with legal and come back to you, sorry for late reply!

Hi Kristian,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

We would like to show our avatar to our client by the end of this week.
Do you think we could get an approval by then ?

Also, we aim at submitting several skins of the same kind (with 3d scan and corresponding authorizations as well).
i know the fixed priced is 100$ per item, but do you think there could be some kind of discount if we are to upload a lot of item at once ?

Thank you very much,
LĂ©a

Hi @Guerbix!
I’m waiting for response from legal team, as soon as I will receive response, I will be able to approve collection (if IP rights are good)

If you want to show avatar to your client, you don’t need to wait for approval, you can always test your collection by clicking “see in-world” button thats located in builder, in collection.

I don’t think that discount is possible, maybe you can speak with legal or foundation team about that. But, as I know, it’s technically impossible.

Hello @theankou

Thank you for your answer.
Would you have any update from the legal team regarding IP rights and approval of the collection ?

Kind regards,
LĂ©a

Hi @Guerbix, sorry, I don’t have any news from legal for now. I wrote a message to a legal team and waiting for response.

Hi @Guerbix
Legal team said that I can approve collection and proofs seems OK, but there still might be issues with IP rights, so collection might be disabled in future if real person of that skin will complain

Looks like hands and feet is gone, for apporval you will need to add them

Also, make sure to upload same glb for both genders or change gender to male only, because for some reason female version looks like this

Also, add this categories to overrides → wearables list:

• eyewear
  • earring
  • tiara
  • mask
  • facial hair
  • hat
  • helmet
  • handwear

Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We have uploaded the new skin with the hands, feet and correct overrides.
Regarding IP rights, understood on our part!

Please let us know when the model has been finally approved.

Kind regards

1 Like

Hi @Guerbix
You will need to fix this weight painting issues:

• Head should be weight painted to 1 to head bone, for now it’s weight painted to neck and head, which cause weird deforming

• Please, weight paint hands and fingers properly

• All holes needs to be closed

Hello @theankou

Thank you for your prompt feedback I have reuploaded the model.
Please let me know if head weight is correct and if holes are closed.

Regarding the weight of the hands, I have tried repainting the weights but it doesnt seem to work. Can you let me know exactly what should be done (i don’t have experience in skinning) ? Is it because the proportions are those of a human body and therefore cannot match the decentraland avatar skeleton ?

Thank you

@Guerbix

There is still some issues with weight paint, make sure to normalize all weights after you set vertices to 1 to head bone

What about fingers, if you encounter issues with complex weight paint, I recommend you to try simple solution, weight paint thumb finger to thumb bone, and all the rest fingers to middle finger bones. That way hands will have simple weight paint and will work with most of animations, but like “crab” hand.

Hello @theankou,

Thank you very much for the tip!

I have reuploaded a new version.
I think i have managed, let me know what you think.

Kind regards

Hey @Guerbix
Head seems ok now, but hands still act weird…