Open Call - New DAO Committee Member

• What is your full name?
    Scott Moore

• What is your primary wallet address?
    0xE1eEdbd1e08478707C794e7e8B1EE623f5fa6D64

• Why are you applying?
    To provide my humanizing energy to this position which is more than a series of grant management duties. There are people connecting wallets to the vesting contracts. Living, breathing, Decentralites log into the world and develop friendships through shared experiences. Experiences made possible and enriched by grants provided via the DCL DAO. I would like to be a liaison between community members and the stack of rules governing DCL. I am patient, considerate, and attentive. As an educator with over seven years of experience I can also be a “warm demander”.

• What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?

I first logged into Decentraland on 17 December 2021. I purchased my DCL.ETH name 11 days after that. Within my first week here I began making my first wearable. When I had difficulty I created a post in the forums about my experience so that others might learn from my mistakes.

I hosted “Finding Whimsy,” my first event in DCL, in April 2022. The event had over 30 participants who searched in pairs for more than three hours to find Whimsy, the faerie queen. Everyone who found her won a legendary Flower Crown.

On 2 May 2022 I joined BillyTeacoin and CKBubbles as cohost for the weekly, Twitch-streamed program, ABC Decentraland Adventures. We recently completed our 29th consecutive episode. Every Monday night we have a special guest who tells us about their activation or build in Decentraland. We spend the remainder of the time visiting new and interesting places among the 90,000 parcels in DCL.

I posted my first poll in the DAO on 5 January 2022. The biggest lesson I took away from that experience was I needed to learn more about the DAO and how it operated.

From that moment to this I have participated in discussions in the DCL DAO discord. I’ve voted on and commented on proposals presented in the governance site. I’ve advocated studied options and advocated for VP equity. I provided feedback and testing for approved grant projects like the Quest 2 VR Client.

I listen to, speak in, and at times annotate a number of weekly Twitter spaces about Decentraland. To date I’ve interviewed six creators from the DCL community. I have written three articles and plan to produce many more. These articles tell the story of Decentraland to all of us and the entire world. It is vital to let people know who we are in our own words rather than allowing others to speak for us.

• What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the committee?

Project Completion: In 2006 I produced a feature length documentary for Twin Cities Public Television. Raised funds, scheduled and conducted interviews and captured over 70 hours of recordings that were edited down to an award winning program that still sees airtime on TPT.

Service: I served for two years as the chair of the twin cities Siggraph chapter. I was on the board of deacons at my church. I taught technology to over 400 students from Pre-K to 8th grade. Whether it was organizing and curating events like the Minnesota Electronic Theater, helping conduct a search for a new senior minister, or teaching concepts like “Machina Simple” to children, I have a rich history of working directly with people.

Inclusivity: I completed the SPPS Urban Teacher Residency program. During this program I twice completed the Intercultural Development Inventory. It helped me understand my place in the world as a white, cis-gendered, heterosexual, American man. I completed classes like Educational Equity and Inclusive Practices, Parent Teacher Home Visits, Non-violent Conflict Resolution, and Effective Teaching. I implemented these lesson while championing my students’ exceptionalities and created scaffolds and modifications to reach every child in the classroom.

You can see my entire work history on my LinkedIn Profile.

12 Likes