Open Call for Accountability Committee members

What is your full name or ENS name?
Dedheadj.eth

• Short Bio (280 characters max):
    My name is Jenn, I am a mom, and a business owner of an employment agency. I have a strong background in Sales/Marketing and Human Resources. I follow the guys from the Grateful Dead and am a California born hippie. I believe “what goes around comes around”, “treat others as you want to be treated” and live life with accountability. I am an avid outdoor enthusiast and nature lover.

• What is your primary wallet address?
    dedheadj.eth

• Can you commit at least 5 hours per week to the DAO?
    Yes

• What are your reasons for wanting to be an Accountability Committee member?
    I became a much more active member in the DAO when I started to see what I believe were some questionable grant approvals. Specifically, around grantees who have a large amount of VP voting on their own proposals where there is financial gain for the grantee. This may be a conflict of interest however I also believe that he majority of proposals and grants that have been approved have been done through the “best” fair practices available at the time. A true overhaul is a must, and I can contribute without bias and through a fact-finding basis.

• What is your history with both Decentraland and Decentraland’s DAO?
    I became aware of Decentraland in the Summer of 2021 when my daughter asked for a small investment for an Ice Poker wearable which led to another investment for an Ice Poker wearable. In November 2021 I decided I should understand what I was investing in. I started stumbling on projects and began joining Discord channels. I enjoy supporting the wearable creators and try to contribute to various project where I can. Through various conversations I became aware of the DAO and started to understand, contribute and vote heavily in the Summer 2022.

• What skills, qualifications, and experience will you bring to the Accountability Committee?
    I have 20+ years as a Human Resources professional. I naturally have a tendency to treat people and situations fairly, with respect and without judgment. I make decisions based on factual information and take personal accountability for my own actions. I have been tasked throughout my career with developing and implementing policies and understand compliance, employment law and in general government regulations. In short, l can take a step back, look thoroughly at a situation and then make a decision.

• Provide links to any relevant social media profiles or other information that will help the community when evaluating candidates.
    https://twitter.com/DedheadJ

• Provide a list of two references, at least one of which is in the Decentraland community that can attest to your character and/or commitment to Decentraland.
    In November 2022 I interviewed with Gia.Castello@decentraland.org for a position on the Grant Squad. Since the grants program has been paused the position was not filled. I am also a high-level member of the Holy Ones project and communicate with David @Metaskins on a weekly basis. Both can provide feedback on my demeanor and general disposition.

5 Likes