[DAO: QmcEcxq] Prototype of Argus - Virtual World

by 0xeba73930e6cc9551d3c33b15e5c883c0143728d8 (MadisonRock#28d8)

Should the following Tier 6: up to $240,000 USD, 6 months vesting (1 month cliff) grant in the Content Creator category be approved?

Abstract

I have been working on a story since the early 1980s. I used it as the background story of a virtual world game idea I embarked on in 2008. I planned to use Mindark’s Partner Planet Program for Entropia Universe. I was not able to raise the investors and capital need to buy into a Planet Partnership. At that time, it was $2M USD. Since then, that price tag went up to $6M.

During that time, I recruited a volunteer team of designers and artists. Since we were unable to get funding, the project was shelved. Recently, I started up again. I successfully published the story, Children of Arla on Amazon. My hope it to raise the funds this way. I am also looking at Decentraland as a way to protoype the virtual world game.

Grant size

250,000 USD

Beneficiary address

0xEBA73930e6CC9551d3c33b15E5c883c0143728D8

Description

Planet Postmoderna is my Design Studio and Virtual World platform. As mentioned in the previous abstract:

I have been working on a story since the early 1980s. I used it as the background story of a virtual world game idea I embarked on in 2008. I planned to use Mindark’s Partner Planet Program for Entropia Universe. I was not able to raise the investors and capital need to buy into a Planet Partnership. At that time, it was $2M USD. Since then, that price tag went up to $6M.

During that time, I recruited a volunteer team of designers and artists. Since we were unable to get funding, the project was shelved. Recently, I started up again. I successfully published the story, Children of Arla on Amazon. My hope it to raise the funds this way. I am also looking at Decentraland as a way to protoype the virtual world game.

During the process from 2008 - 2014, the team fleshed out the concept, added to the base story, created art and models and built some prototype scenes in everything from Vastpark, Multiverse, CryEngine and now Unity. Since I was never able to raise the capital we needed to solidify the contract with Mindark for the Partner Planet, I tried to build on my own in Unity.

I speant time learning C# of which, I barely am starting to understand, as well as polishing my skills at 3D design and Unity 3D. You may learn more about the Postmoderna efforts on my website at http://www.planet-postmoderna.com and about the book as well.

I am hoping to rebuild a team to continue this project. I need capital to do this. I see Decentraland as a possibility for a prototype. I am an advocate for virtual economies and currencies and have been intrigued by Blockchain applications.

Specification

I have a full GDD that I am happy to share but might need an NDA to share it. This has been my life’s work and am uneasy to share specific details out of what is shown on my website.

Personnel

Included in some of the presentations on my website. Many team members have shown interest in coming back.

Roadmap and milestones

Included in the business plan and the GDD which I am willing to share.

Vote on this proposal on the Decentraland DAO

View this proposal on Snapshot

From what I understand from the Text on your website, your goal is to build a virtual world and “to launch the crypto currency for the virtual economies that will be contained within the various virtual worlds.”
Not sure that the grants are given for the purpose of creating an external competing world or a new crypto that competes with MANA.
How exactly does this project benefit the growth of decentraland or provide a benefit to it’s users?

Hiya,

Actually, the original plan was that but I am considering using MANA as the crypto medium, especially if I am able to prototype here. I am looking at all my options. I hope that makes sense.

I have looked at some very lengthy comparisons between current virtual world economies such as Second Life and Entropia Universe. Crypto economies such as what is available in Decentraland represent a viable option. It all depends on funding.

How it will benefit the community in Decentraland is if I prototype here and it takes off the positive impact is simple. Like the existing projects in Decentraland, we will draw more visitors and users and increase the economy and growth of this virtual world platform. An entire area of Decentraland could be carved out for the Postmoderna project.

I hope that makes sense. As I shared earlier, I am happy to share the GDD with any potential investors and/or grant stakeholders. The financial part of the Business Plan would merely be substituted with MANA being the medium.

Interesting Concept, we could possibly support. Please email us at info@imining.com we would like to discuss your proposal and accordingly give support. Best for 2022.

1 Like

Prototype of Argus - Virtual World

This proposal is now in status: REJECTED.

Voting Results:

• Yes 1% 191 VP (9 votes)
  • No 11% 902,780 VP (22 votes)