[DAO:8a4aabb] Should every grant update require invoices, receipts or explanations of where the grant funds were sent?

Monthly updates are already required. I don’t see the point of analyzing invoices/receipts/etc. Either proposal milestones are being met, or they aren’t. And if milestones aren’t being met, there are better explanations than paperwork. Anyone who has actual experience building anything, knows that progress isn’t based on receipts and invoices.

In my opinion this seems like an attempt to poke the hornets nest rather than a viable solution for limiting wasted funds.

8 Likes

@Canessa are your seriously planning to buy 10000 dollars worth of donuts :doughnut: using DAO funds ?

That’s a little concerning :wink:

Voting no. DAO Support Squad is already doing their job to make sure everything goes by the book.

More paperwork and administration is a no from here. But if asked by DAO Support Squad, i think the grantee’s should be able to defend themselfs what the money is being used on :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why not?
Packing in a nice “Welcome to Decentraland” package with a download voucher for a wearable, would surely get a few people to log into Decentraland.
In addition, some media would certainly also report on this fundraising campaign.
This would be transparent, it is benevolent. WIN-WIN

1 Like

O I thought this was for private consumption. Stocking on donuts for the winter months :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

I agree with @AaronLeupp @SugarClub @pablo @HPrivakos @Klockmann @Doug-NFTWorld @Eibriel

Thanks for your share @Vaporizador seems like the DAO is already trying to find a balance approach.

3 Likes

No no no, I would never spend $10,000 of DAO funds on donuts. I’d go for the full $240,000 and then I’d rebrand them as “DAOnuts” and I would share with everyone here. :doughnut: :doughnut: :doughnut:

6 Likes

Lol I spilled my coffee . DaosNuts :joy:

But seriously you dont need 240k . I can make a wearable collection for free with this idea and distribute it to the community :heart:

Conflict of Interest: @Doug-NFTWorld and @MetaTrekkers you both have $120K DAO Grants enacted. @dax you have 2 enacted grants also. Your 3 votes alone equal around 1.37 Million VP. This is about the community. These votes are pure conflicts of interest.

I am not sure what the big deal is about sharing the information if you are actually sending it to the places you say you are. Just share how much you paid when you make a payment. Not asking for an accounting report. Just receipts, invoices and who you paid.

As for the DCL Grant Support Squad I do sure hope anti-money laundering practices are being enacted because if a regulator comes and the Squad does not have their shit together, there is going to be major issues. If this does not improve, money laundering will be the downfall of DCL.

If I were a centralized competitor of DCL like Meta, that would be the first thing I would aim at for DCL to get it taken down. All they would have to do is pay the authorities to look into the Grant funds and without knowing the destinations of the funds, for all we know they could be being funneled anywhere or pocketed.

you’re really hung up on the AML thing - i work for a fintech and AML is literally useless. it does nothing but add redtape and it does nothing to make anyone safer or any process better. there is no good reason to drag that with us into web3 unless you’re the government and you’re scared of losing control.

as for conflicts of interest, I voted in the same way that others did - i don’t think this proposal makes sense. I gave a budget when i made my grant proposal and I’m sticking to it - If i’m unable to stick to it, that’s my own problem and I’ll not make the money that I planned to (which is already a much lower rate than normal, as @mattimus said). If a grant proposal doesn’t provide a budget or provides and inflated budget, that proposal should be voted down for that reason.

1 Like

It is, except when governments get involved. Do you really believe we can stand up against the U.S. Government and Meta funding lobbyists to take its competitors down.

Red tape is needed for Free money. Otherwise a lot of bad actors will come and take it until its gone. In my opinion, Anyone who feels they cannot provide receipts, invoices or declare where the money was sent, a very easy thing to do, DOESN’T deserve grant money.

Do you really expect anyone to believe you can complete a full project when you literally can’t upload an invoice or receipt? What does it take 5 seconds?

Do you really believe we can stand up against the U.S. Government and Meta funding lobbyists to take its competitors down.

Yep. Do you not? What are you doing here then?

Red tape is needed for Free money.

The DAO isn’t giving away free money. Proposals are voted on by the community and the DAO fulfills and manages the funds given to those proposals.

Otherwise a lot of bad actors will come and take it until its gone.

Well, the revocation squad is a good step against this, as is informed voting and good processes which we are slowly building up.

Anyone who feels they cannot provide receipts, invoices or declare where the money was sent, a very easy thing to do, DOESN’T deserve grant money.

Well, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Do you really expect anyone to believe you can complete a full project when you literally can’t upload an invoice or receipt?

Yep. The proposal I made was voted in and is currently on track. Proof is in the pudding :person_shrugging:

That’s sounds like a data protection , jurisdiction nightmare. The only agency I provide that sort of details is my registered accountant and or the governmental tax office in my country of residence.

Where exactly do you propose these documents be stored ? And who will provide the necessary legal protection for those documents that come from all over the world ???

The DAO would need to have the legal right in demanding such documentation. I don’t think you thought this through @Tudamoon .

And before you start on your rampage of replies , I would like to see an actual lawyer ( who specializes in international data protection ) discussing these issues before I can take any of this seriously.

@dax @MetaTrekkers @AaronLeupp maybe some of you in the US know about this and can chip in. However I do feel like the American community forgets that we are not ALL from the USA . And there are certain legal issues that cannot easily be resolved from an American standpoint.

3 Likes

Once a gain, it is in Conflict of Interest.

Sharing this information on your normal Grant Update section? I’m confused.

You are talking about literally uploading documentation for business operations from companies registered all over the world . I don’t think you understand the legal implications here .

Registered international lawyers need to have this discussion. It’s not an issue of wether I agree or not . It’s a legal issue that needs professional supervision.

@Tudamoon I speak from experience as someone who actually builds stuff in Decentraland and runs a company.

The conflict of interest is you trying to govern Decentraland without contributing a single thing of value to the platform. All you do is troll these forums with bullshit proposals and nonsense like this. You cant even be taken seriously so I’ll be ignoring any further correspondence from you.

3 Likes

No one discredited that. However, you have a grant and you are voting in conflict of that grant. This would effect your current grant. Should ethics be considered here?

This is rude. I was not disrespectful to you and using ad hominem attacks is poor coming from someone who claims to be a respected person.

I want to make 1 thing clear. I NEVER attacked anyone directly, nor called them a name. No ad hominem attacks have come from me. I have only called out the ethics, actions and schemes they have participated in.

However, what I do find very sad when I get threatened on Twitter with someone DM’ing me my personal address and telling me they will meet me at my house or then on here getting called names, when I am bringing up reasonable ethical principles.

There is so much talk from others on here how mental health safe places are needed in this Web3 space, but one thing I fail to see here is anyone of those people coming to defend those who are being attacked directly. These are attacks on one’s person, not their actions or prior experiences.

On another note, I am hearing others talk about how much more work it is or how hard it is. Web3 isn’t easy, Freedom takes work. Web3 takes work. However, when it comes to ethics, if the work is more difficult, should we just throw it out the window?

You insulted me by calling me a narcissist in your grant proposal that was aimed at ridiculing me. You conveniently deleted it now 16hours ago :

https://forum.decentraland.org/t/dao-d979d15-education-high-speed-internet-hardware-for-marketing-campaign/16344/18

here is a definition of a person suffering from narcissism as a reminder ( a serious and damaging mental disorder that is not taken lightly.)

For someone claiming to advocate for mental health in Web3 you are clearly not the right person to advocate for mental health in this space.

Every one in this forum is seeing through your attempts at dividing the Decentraland community with your behavior .

1 Like