Collection 'KingX | Moonwalk Collection' created by KingX is ready for review!

KingX | Moonwalk Collection

View entire collection

Wearables

KingX | Moonwalk

The collection has been assigned to AndreusAs#3991

Hey!

1. Avatar must not teleport to a point in world during the anim. E.g., atm avatar teleports from it’s initial position when animation starts and then teleports back to it’s initial position in the end of the anim. Consider making it a proper seamless loop.

2. Avatar’s root must not be beyond the inner 2m radius at any given time of the anim. Only hands and legs can extend beyond the inner radius, but nor beyond the oute radius.

Cheers!

Hi!, Best Regards @AndreusAs
Is there no copyright issue publishing dances like this one?
Since we had many ideas but thought it will not be allowed
Please shed some light on this matter <3

1 Like

yeah anything from kingX needs a good checking as he is a serial IP stealer :smiley:

1 Like

Nothing against KingX but asking because I had some ideas but thought it would cause problems due to IP

1 Like

I fixed the problem can you please check @AndreusAs

1 Like

I don’t think people like you should be on this committee. You speak disrespectfully instead of encouraging and helping people. If you have a personal problem, please contact me. I thought the personal IP would be used for commercial purposes but thanks to @michi @malloy @AndreusAs I learned that it is not suitable and I changed my products. If you wish, you can go to Collection 'KingX | MetaSpace Collection' created by KingX is ready for review! - #17 by AndreusAs. Thank you

2 Likes

Hey! It would be nice, if the character not only slided to positions in world, but also made appropriate leg moves (steps). Consider improving the anim this way.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Hey Amad, just helping with this check out the case study for the tiktoker that tried to sue Fortnite for their dance moves. In most cases movement can’t be copyrighted unless it’s a “ choreographed move” and not social movements. (Like tiktok dances or everyday movements)

I haven’t checked this one but if you feel a movement might be a choreographed and owned by someone I would recommend trying to make an original movement! It’s more fun and you get to be more creative without worrying haha

Feel free to reach out if you need more information!

Hi, Thanks for taking time to respond!
Don’t get me wrong all emotes I have made so far are kind off original with a little bit of inspiration from outside, The thing is stuff like Floss Dance is too cool to not think about hehe. I was curious because stuff like MJ Lean and Floss Dance seem to be choreographed, Again I acknowledge that copyright is only violated if you use more than one move of that dance as far as I know

1 Like

I think choreographed dance moves aren’t things like flossing (unless Fortnite registered it which I don’t think) but more like ballets or commercial sets. “Movements” I think aren’t complex enough to copyright and claim it’s not a social movement. I think flossing in particular started via social media so should be ok :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Look if epic sues you are coming with me :wink::kissing_heart:
I am making that floss don’t tell anyone

1 Like

Nah, epic doesn’t own this move. A social media person named “backpack kid” was the creator and didn’t have much luck suing

Thanks btw :grin: Really Appreciate It, I almost gave up on this idea

1 Like

Haha I don’t recommend copying tho, be like the “backpack kid” and start your own trend and always do some research if you’re not sure. Original is always best in my books but legally it seems ok. (I’m not a lawyer haha but I can pass through legal if you need)

If the movements are ripped from other platforms tho, that’s a different game of IP. The animator would own the IP and it wouldn’t be about movement but creator ownership just fyi ~~~

1 Like

I only animate myself, I wish I knew how to rip off files. Is there any way I can be sure of the legal side of it If you know anyone. Either way you are helpful :smile_cat:

1 Like

Also I will change the movement reasonably

Yes! It’s always good to have some form of development of your work which can be sketches, mood boards, concepts etc. There are times we accidentally make something similar and with that development you can share your rational and process. So even if you start with the floss and add things like scaling to accentuate some features or a fun spin at the end, something that will make it yours then you can actually explain and prove your process.

Also I think adding minor accents to the movement like Studio Sparkles (check the paper scissors rock on marketplace) really levels up the emote for the metaverse while also adding your original feel!

Let me know how you go, I’m excited to see!

I gotchu, You shall be satisfied

1 Like